The success of NRP 72 depends on a number of actors from research and the administration.
The Steering Committee is responsible for running the programme - from selecting projects to producing a synthesis of the programme.
The programme manager and the president of the Steering Committee are responsible for the operational management. The head of knowledge transfer is responsible for the communication of the research results to target audiences. The representatives of relevant federal offices work with the Steering Committee and communicate results to the administration.
The Programmes division of the National Research Council is ultimately responsible for the NRP. The delegate of the Research Council acts as a link between the Research Council and the Steering Committee.
Steering Committee Members:
- Professor Joachim Frey, Institute of Veterinary Bacteriology, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Bern, Bern (President)
- Professor Frank Møller Aarestrup, National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark (until March 2019)
- Professor Christoph Dehio, Biozentrum University of Basel (until December 2019)
- Professor Peter Frey, Institute of Bioengineering, EPFL
- Professor Petra Gastmeier, Institut für Hygiene und Umweltmedizin, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
- Professor Herman Goossens, Laboratories of Clinical and Medical Microbiology, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Professor Susanne Häußler, Abteilung Molekulare Bakteriologie, Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung, Braunschweig, Germany
- Dr Jean-Yves Madec, French Agency for Food, Environmental and Health Safety (Anses), Lyon, France (from July 2019)
- Professor José L. Martinez, Departamento de Biotecnologia Microbiana, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, Madrid, Spain
- Professor Dik Mevius, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Wageningen Bioveterinary Research Lelystad, The Netherlands (from March 2017)
- Dr Malcolm G. P. Page, Malcolm Page GmbH, Basel
- Professor Mathias Pletz, Zentrum für Infektionsmedizin und Krankenhaushygiene, Universitätsklinikum Jena, Germany (from May 2017)
- Professor Jesús Rodríguez Baño, Universidad de Sevilla, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Spain (until May 2017)
Delegate of Division IV of the National Research Council:
- Professor Isabelle Mansuy, Brain Research Institute, Laboratory of Neuroepigenetics, University/ETH Zurich (until January 2019)
- Professor Nicolas Rondondi, Berner Institut für Hausarztmedizin, University of Bern (from January 2019)
Representative of the Swiss Federal Administration:
- Karin Wäfler, Project Leader of StAR, Federal Office of Public Health, Bern (until January 2019)
- Dr. Nadine Metzger, Project Leader of StAR, area animals, Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Office FSVO, Bern (from January 2019 until May 2021)
- PD Dr. Dagmar Heim, Head of Department Veterinary Medicines and One Health, Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Office FSVO, Bern (from June 2021)
- Dr Barbara Flückiger Schwarzenbach, SNSF, Bern
Head of Knowledge Transfer:
- Stéphane Praz